As many of you know, I've taken a job at Quiznos. It's taken me awhile to get accustomed to it, and I still don't particularly enjoy it, but the income is nice. I only know 5 or 6 people so far; I wouldn't say that we
don't get along... My quiet disposition just keeps me from real conversation and I may come across as more intimidating than I'd like. However, my assistant manager, Jorge (who hails from Ecuador), and I work well together--we talk and laugh and get along rather well (everything happens in English, though. One of the first things he told me was that he doesn't like talking to people in Spanish). Most people don't really like him because he's a bit controlling, but I prefer that to someone who leaves me to decide what needs to be done.
A lot of the conversations between me and Jorge have ended with him remarking on how strange I am. When I told him that I love the rain, have no particular boyfriend preferences, prefer cats to dogs...
"Wow, you're so weird.
"But a good weird, right?"
"Yeah, a good weird."
It's been established.
haha, I love this.
ReplyDelete