I've been absolutely DYING to lead worship for the past... long time. It's been great playing with my church's worship team since coming back, but there's something more that God's put on my heart. My final nine months in Honduras were largely spent preparing and leading worship for the missionary community with my dear friend Amy and other mks. Although stress was unavoidable and I hardly had the time to spend choosing, finding, learning, transposing, practicing, and re-transposing songs, I found more satisfaction in leading than in anything else I've ever taken up. Amy was the ideal cohort; her fearlessly-expressed opinion and phenomenal voice offset my passive disposition and horrible singing and blended flawlessly with my instrumental skills. After some time of leading worship together, Amy revealed to me her dream of forming a band and playing at youth groups. As we're both "obsessed" with music and we both have a heart for youth, her dream promptly became mine and I can't wait for its fruition.
No comments:
Post a Comment