We previously established that Jorge, my assistant manager at Quiznos, thinks I'm weird. Now another co-worker is catching on.
Meet Kevin: 22-year-old, sports management major, drummer, drinker, anarchist, agnostic, profane, crude, vocal. Your average young adult, really. He knows a lot about a lot; you can definitely tell that he's done his fair share of research on things like religion and Marvel superheroes.
I've worked three straight nights with Kevin this week, so we've gotten some chat time in. During that time, it came to his attention that I'm ridiculously movie illiterate, have never seen the Simpsons, have never played rock band, and don't have a boyfriend.
His response was generally an open-mouthed stare of utter confusion.
"Yeah, I basically go against every modern expectation, don't I?"
"Yeah, you do. Wait..........girlfriend?"
"No no! Definitely no! [I go against society, not nature! <--I wanted to say that, but didn't.]"
"Ok. So you don't go against ALL modern expectations."
Then, at another point, after telling him that I don't like lemonade,
"You are one odd little girl. It's a good thing you're cute though."
"What, my cuteness offsets my weirdness?"
"Yeah, pretty much."
That part kind of unnerved me, but my point remains: I appears as though I'm strange. But I'm fine with that.
I love your posts! They make me happy.
ReplyDelete