Saturday, May 1, 2010

What Makes Me Want to Die During the Shift

Quiznos has this horrible inability to play good music. I'm positive that whatever committee exists that puts together the CDs is made up of quarrelsome, stubborn baby boomers and tweenagers who refuse to compromise. When I first started my job, I was tortured every night by the stars of stereotypical pop/electronic/hip-hop/is-that-a-girl-or-just-a-pre-puberty-boy "music." Then, out of nowhere and with no transitionary genres whatsoever, the Board of Quiznos Music decided to start blaring 50s doo wop/bebop/bluegrass/the-very-first-stages-of-rock-n-roll-when-it-still-hadn't-learned-how-to-sound-good-yet stuff, including songs like "Betty Lou Got A New Pair of Shoes" (what? Not even kidding, that's basically all the song says. Youtube it or something. It's crazy). There was one week or so where they actually played decent music that could be appreciated by everyone (more or less), like Coldplay and some classic rock. THAT was a good phase... but no. Compromise was just too much for our beloved Committee to handle, and now we're back in the 50s.

1 comment:

  1. This is EXACTLY how I felt when I worked there!! Our lives are too similar. :)

    ReplyDelete